I trained as a marriage and family therapist, have a Masters in Counseling Psychology from CU Denver and a Doctorate in Education from UCLA. I am a licensed psychotherapist in a Boulder psychotherapy practice for over 15 years and am a native Coloradan with step and biological children.
I continually refine my skills by attending various conferences, workshops, and seminars. My professional associations include,
- American Counseling Association, Member
- Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing Institute, Trainee (emdr.com)
- Give an Hour, volunteer (www.giveanhour.org)
- Mental Health America of Colorado, Speakers Bureau (www.mhacolorado.org)
- National Stepfamily Resource Center, Professional Affiliate (http://www.stepfamilies.info)
- Team Rubicon, clinical consultant (www.teamrubiconusa.org/)
My current rate is $120 for a 55 minute session. I take credit cards as well as checks and cash at the end of each session.
Research has shown that the most important factor in positive psychotherapy results is the quality of the relationship between therapist and client so I offer a free short initial consultation to see whether we are a good fit.